Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Otto D.

Otto turned 4 on Friday the 21st. We had a party for him yesterday. A good time was had by all.

Here are some pictures of the fun.


For those who didn't know, Kelly is a Party Specialist, which is evident when you look at the decorations:







mmmm, cupcakes:












Wednesday of last week was Timkat, the Ethiopian Orthodox celebration of the Ephiphany, or baptism in Jesus. There was a lot of praying, singing and parades. We got a couple of pictures of one of the parades that went by our house.






We hope all is well with each of you.
Nate and crew.

3 comments:

  1. Grandpa and I have been kissing you Happy Birthday in our hearts dear Otto. See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Otto!

    So. I just spent 20 minutes reading up on Timkat. Because at first I thought, Nate! how can you confuse Epiphany with Jesus' baptism? Have your confirmation classes failed you? :)

    Then I learned that Eastern Christians celebrate Epiphany as Jesus' baptism, while Western Christians celebrate Epiphany as the time when The Wise Men came to visit the young Jesus.

    Thanks for making me learn something new. I like those challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaPpY bIrThDaY Otto!!! We love reading up on you guys and seeing all the wonderful photos. We miss you dearly and love you around the world and back!

    Jody & Collin

    ReplyDelete